- 2 pounds beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (about 8 ounces each) or 2 pounds rib-eye, top sirloin, top loin or tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick or 4 pounds porterhouse or T-bone steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill to doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve half of steaks immediately, as desired. Cover and refrigerate remaining steaks for later use. Before serving, carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.